Few insights of T20 Cricket
T20 is the shortest version of cricket currently being played internationally. Initially T20 was introduced to increase the viewership for domestic matches, but not to be played internationally. First International T20 was played in the year 2015.NewZealnd Vs Australia is the first T20 played. India is the 10th nation to achieve T20 status internationally. India Achieved it on Dec 1st 2006.T20 world cup was first held in the year 2007.India were the Champions in 2007 under the Leadership MS Dhoni.
2016 WCT20 was the latest t20 tournament held at international level. Sixteen teams have participated in In it. West Indies are the current T20 champions. England lost to West Indies in the final of the world cup at Whankade. Darren Sammy is the Skipper of the Champion side. West Indies have won all the matches of the campaign except against Afghanistan. Carlos Braithwaite finished the task for west indies when his team needed 24 off the last over.
Some of the rules in T20 cricket
- Each innings will be for 20 overs.
- A bowler can bowl a maximum of four overs.
- Power Play will last for six over at the start each innings.
Upset in 2016 Wc
- South Africa not being able to reach play offs.
- From the above table we can deduce that Wes Indies are the most Successful team in Wt20’s.
South Africa,New Zealand and Australia are the major teams havent won world title in this format.
Currently there are Myriad T20 Leagues held
- IPL (India)
- Big Bash (Australia)
- Pakistan Super League (PSL)
- Bangladesh Premiere League (BPL)
- Ram Slam T20 (SA)
- CPL (Carribean Premiere League)
- Natwest T20 Blast (England)
IPL is the most successful T20 tournament held every year by IPL governing Council
Few Insight of IPL
- Hyderabad are the current champions
- RCB are the runner up
- Eight teams Have participated in 2016